Quality Assurance - $16-$20/hr
Quakertown, PA 18951
Salary Range - $16-$20/hr.
1st Shift Monday-Friday 7am-3: 30pm
2nd Shift Monday-Friday 3: 30pm-11pm
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Reviews documentation and inspects, audits and reports on materials and products using variable or attribute measuring equipment and techniques to ensure conformance with customer quality requirements.
A): Communication and Interpretation:
1) Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedures, work instructions, specifications, drawings and purchase orders.
2) Ability to communicate effectively with members of your team and other departments within the organization.
3) Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
4) Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
5) Ability to deal with normal problems that arise during the course of a typical work day.
6) Ability to identify problems and implement effective actions.
7) Ability to multitask in order to maintain flow of product thru the department.
8) Ability to interact effectively in a Teambuilding environment
B): Math Skills:
1) Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
2) Familiarity with the metric system and conversions between the Metric and English systems
3) Ability to interpret and perform any necessary trigonometry required to inspect features that cannot be inspected as depicted on the drawing.
C): Inspection Skills:
1) Ability to handle small parts with good hand and eye coordination skills.
2) Ability to identify the proper measuring tool for each feature of a part and the proper measuring technique with hand held gages (i.E. Micrometer, caliper, surface plate, etc.)
3) Ability to set-up and measure a part on a Comparator
4) Ability to utilize the advanced functions of a Comparator.
5) Ability to set up and use a Laser Micrometer.
6) Ability to operate the Surface Roughness Checker and correctly interpret the data.
7) Ability to interpret thread specifications and perform any required inspections on threaded features.
8) Ability to operate SmartScope on a pre-programmed inspection routine and interpret the results of the report.
9) Ability to inspect part(s) using SmartScope with an open set-up.
10) Ability to program SmartScope for repetitive inspection and generate applicable reports.
11) Ability to operate CMM on a pre-programmed inspection routine and interpret the results of the report.
12) Ability to inspect part(s) using CMM with an open set-up.
13) Ability to program CMM for repetitive inspection and generate applicable reports.
14) Ability to calibrate hand held gauges IAW applicable Work Instructions
15) Ability to instruct operators in proper inspection technique required for a particular part/feature.
16) Ability to interpret all Geometric Tolerancing on a drawing and choose the proper gaging or technique necessary to effectively and accurately inspect the feature(s).
D): Computer Skills:
1) Ability to utilize computers to satisfy the requirements of the position, i.E. E-mail, reading reports, reading spreadsheets, etc.
2) Ability to enter data and print reports from SPC software used in the manufacturing process.
3) Ability to interpret and utilize data from SPC software.
4) Ability to generate calibration records in the QSI Database.
5) Ability to generate required documents or spread sheets.
E): Essential Functions:
1) Compare part numbers, drawing numbers, specifications, and revision levels on purchase orders to material and tooling received.
2) Review Certification of Compliance to applicable requirements.
3) Visually inspect material, and tooling for damage and general workmanship, using a microscope when required.
4) Dimensionally inspect raw material, finished parts, and tooling, to purchase order and and applicable documentation using gauging and or other required equipment.
5) Verify physical and chemical requirements of raw material through review of certifications.
6) Record results of inspections by part number in a receiving inspection log and maintain an inspection data package for each lot of material and tooling inspected.
7) Identify accepted items to be inventoried. Identify nonconforming items and segregate them from accepted items. Generate nonconformance reports as required.
8) Collect and enter data into the SPC system for PTI products when required.
9) Responsible for reviewing supplier documentation and inspecting supplier product.
High School Diploma
Years Experience - 2-5
1801 Union Blvd.
Allentown, PA 18109
Online applications at www.Berksandbeyond.Com
Send resumes to: allentown@berksandbeyond.Com