Harrisburg, PA 17101
Facility Maintenance Associate
Elwood Staffing is now hiring a Maintenance Associate for a Facility in the Harrisburg, PA!
Position Hours & Pay:
1st shift: Tues Friday 7: 00am 3: 30pm with either Saturday or Sunday included
Up to $16/hr
Full time - Temp to Hire
At Elwood, we offer the following benefits: Health Insurance including Telehealth, Six Paid Holidays, Tuition Discount, Exclusive Discount Program, and Referral Bonuses (visit: www.Elwoodstaffing.Com/refer)!
1. Maintain and repair all interior and exterior related items of assigned properties; including doors, windows, ceiling tile, drywall, carpentry, painting, casework, and hardware.
2. Maintain building and grounds including trees, plants, weeding, and leaf removal.
3. Move office furniture, equipment, fixtures, unload trucks, set-up and tear-down for special functions and events.
4. Perform plumbing repairs on fixtures as needed.
5. Perform electrical repair on switches, outlets, wiring, sound systems, and other equipment, and change bulbs and ballasts in lighting.
6. Assist with filter changes and repairs on mechanical equipment as directed.
7. Maintain clean roof drains.
8. Notify Facility Mechanic of building and equipment issues requiring attention of outside contractors and/or vendors.
9. Perform necessary set-up for functions in Center space to accommodate staff and guests as coordinated with internal departments.
10. Attend departmental and all-staff meetings as directed, staying informed of ongoing changes in department and overall organization.
11. Maintain a presence throughout the center.
12. Protect property from theft, sabotage, fire and accidents.
13. Privately investigate and write reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities.
14. When necessary, work closely with Harrisburg/State police and Harristown Property Services.
15. Provide any needed assistance to guests and employees.
16. Perform other duties as assigned by the Facility Mechanic.
This position description is relative to major requirements and is not intended to be all-inclusive
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required. Must be at least 21 years of age.
2. Understanding of building maintenance relating to such areas as air conditioning, plumbing, heating, carpentry, painting, electric, etc.
3. Physically able to lift and to carry up to 50 pounds of materials up to 100 feet several times daily and able to bend and crawl to a degree sufficient to gain access to all components of the HVAC system and other facility-related systems.
4. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff and the public, to understand and follow standard operating procedures.
5. Perform duties in a professional manner and appearance.
6. Make independent and good judgment decision within proper policy and procedures.
7. Maintain and use tools in a safe manner.
8. Must be able to provide courteous and effective service to general public, co-workers and volunteers. Positive and friendly attitude at all times.
9. Familiar with local building codes, OSHA regulations and current health and safety concerns.
10. Ability to work well with ever changing priorities and or situations.
11. Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
17. Ability to work as a part of a high performance team and be a strong team player.
18. Ability to work days, evenings and weekends.
19. Ability to successfully complete a Pennsylvania State Police Clearance, a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance obtained through the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and a Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal History Record Information obtained by submitting a full set of fingerprints to the Pennsylvania State Police or its authorized agent for submission to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
1. Ability to learn the energy management system, which is Trane Tracer Summit.
2. Ability to learn and operate light wynn control and access code.
3. Diagnose electrical problems using meters and other testing devices.
4. Knowledge in the use of miscellaneous hand tools.
5. Computer literate; demonstrated understanding of Microsoft and Internet research procedures and database application.
6. Working knowledge of telephone, computer, printer, fax machine, copier and calculator.
Work is performed inside and outside the property with exposure to inclement weather and unpredictable crisis situations.
Ability to work in hot, loud, fast paced production environment
Ability to lift up to 75lbs
Ability to read tape measure, perform basic math skills and comprehend basic verbal and written communications
Keywords: Maintenance, Mechanic, Security, Sanitation, Janitorial, Maintain, Equipment
4812 Jonestown Road
Harrisburg, PA 17109
Online applications at www.Elwoodjobs.Com
Send resumes to: Harrisburg@elwoodstaffing.Com