CNC Set Up Technician - $22-$30/hr
Quakertown, PA 18951
Salary Range - $22-$30/hr.
1st Shift Monday-Friday 7am-3: 30pm
2nd Shift Monday-Friday 3: 30pm-11pm
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The basic function and purpose of the CNC Setup Technician, is to set up all existing and new and complex parts on a variety of CNC machines.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. When using the Screw Machines ensure that there is adequate material and becomes competent in loading bar material into the feeding mechanism and adjusts the specified guide bushing as necessary. When operating other equipment, demonstrate competent loading and unloading of fixtures.
2. Load/unload specific programs as necessary for CNC machine setups for all machines.
3. When using CNC Machines, cycle machine through program, stopping machine to observe tool positions, check clearance between moving parts, chip removal and pick-off positions.
4. Starts machine, observes operations and inspects first run and sample workpiece in accordance with SPC requirements to ensure machining conform to specification for all machines.
5. Set-up all new and complex parts for all machines.
6. The employee is required to read and understand blueprints for dimensions, tolerances and other product specifications needed for inspection and machining operations for all machines.
7. The employee is required to read and understand the job order, router and program for product specifications such as part number, dimensions, tolerances, number of parts to be machined and tooling instructions such as cutting tools to be used and the expected tool change frequency for all machines.
8. Position and secures tools and fixtures properly for all machines. Set work coordinates and offsets.
9. Operate tool grinder to sharpen some tools for all machines.
10. Perform the cut-off cycle and re-home the machine after tool changes, stock changes or other operations requiring manual movement of the turret for Screw Machines. For EDM change wire guides, cutters, flushing, settings and alignment as required.
11. Makes a required tool offset within established procedural guidelines for all machines.
12. Replaces all worn tools such as drills, spotters or end mills for Milling and Screw Machines.
13. The employee will need to clean out the machine when a change over to another metal is required for all machines.
14. The employee is expected to become competent in working with small parts that require the use of a microscope to detect specific items and conformance to specifications for all machines.
15. The CNC Machine Technician III will become competent in visual inspection, and providing accurate counts for production quantities.
16. To perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Group Leader. A setup technician will relieve lead personnel as required.
17. The CNC Setup Technician must have the ability to troubleshoot machines, understand the program, and may also read and write it.
1. Requires a High School diploma.
2. 6 - 8 years of related experience in machining metals or plastics.
3. The senses of sight, speech (English), and hearing are required. The physical requirements are sitting or standing the majority of the time in a manufacturing environment. Lifting of articles to a storage location (10 pounds, occasionally up to 100 pounds), twisting, bending, stooping, and the ability to handle small parts involves good hand and eye coordination.
4. Mental abilities are required to compute math formulas such as percentages, fractions, whole numbers and decimals. The ability to compute tool usage and material requirements.
1801 Union Blvd.
Allentown, PA 18109
Online applications at www.Berksandbeyond.Com
Send resumes to: allentown@berksandbeyond.Com