Elwood Staffing is looking for CNC Set Up for a manufacturer located in the Quakertown, PA Area! Are you looking for a new career? If you have CNC Set Up experience, this is a great opportunity! Don t delay, call today 610-435-9270! Online applications at
CNC Machine Operator
Elwood Staffing is now hiring CNC Set Up for a manufacturing warehouse in Quakertown, PA!
1st Shift- Monday to Friday 7am-3: 30pm
2nd Shift- Monday to Friday 3: 30pm-11pm
Pay: $22-$30/hr depending on experience
At Elwood, we offer the following benefits: Health Insurance including Telehealth, Six Paid Holidays, Tuition Discount, Exclusive Discount Program, and Referral Bonuses (visit: www.Elwoodstaffing.Com/refer)!
1. When using the Screw Machines ensure that there is adequate material and becomes competent in loading bar material into the feeding mechanism and adjusts the specified guide bushing as necessary. When operating other equipment, demonstrate competent loading and unloading of fixtures.
2. Load/unload specific programs as necessary for CNC machine setups for all machines.
3. When using CNC Machines, cycle machine through program, stopping machine to observe tool positions, check clearance between moving parts, chip removal and pick-off positions.
4. Starts machine, observes operations and inspects first run and sample workpiece in accordance with SPC requirements to ensure machining conform to specification for all machines.
5. Set-up all new and complex parts for all machines.
6. The employee is required to read and understand blueprints for dimensions, tolerances and other product specifications needed for inspection and machining operations for all machines.
7. The employee is required to read and understand the job order, router and program for product specifications such as part number, dimensions, tolerances, number of parts to be machined and tooling instructions such as cutting tools to be used and the expected tool change frequency for all machines.
8. Position and secures tools and fixtures properly for all machines. Set work coordinates and offsets.
9. Operate tool grinder to sharpen some tools for all machines.
10. Perform the cut-off cycle and re-home the machine after tool changes, stock changes or other operations requiring manual movement of the turret for Screw Machines. For EDM change wire guides, cutters, flushing, settings and alignment as required.
11. Makes a required tool offset within established procedural guidelines for all machines.
12. Replaces all worn tools such as drills, spotters or end mills for Milling and Screw Machines.
13. The employee will need to clean out the machine when a change over to another metal is required for all machines.
14. The employee is expected to become competent in working with small parts that require the use of a microscope to detect specific items and conformance to specifications for all machines.
15. The CNC Machine Technician III will become competent in visual inspection, and providing accurate counts for production quantities.
16. To perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Group Leader. A setup technician will relieve lead personnel as required.
17. The CNC Setup Technician must have the ability to troubleshoot machines, understand the program, and may also read and write it.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
6-8 years related experience in machining metals or plastics
Must be able to read and understand blueprints for dimensions, tolerances and other product specifications needed for inspection and machining operations for all machines.