Elwood Staffing Employment Services, Inc. Is a leading staffing firm that specializes in clerical, industrial, technical and managerial placements. At Elwood Staffing we recognize that you are a uniquely qualified individual and we take the time to carefully match you to one of our excellent job opportunities. Our close consideration of your individual needs is how we have become one of Pennsylvania's largest staffing companies! Currently, we are seeking a 1st Shift Bag Operator with a Company located in the East Berlin, PA area.
Days/Hours: Monday-Friday 6: 00am-3: 00pm
Basic Function and Scope of responsibilities: Reporting to the Shift Leader or Productions Supervisor, the incumbent has the responsibility for setting up and executing the bagging process which will include and not be limited to verification of weights, bags, tags, formulas, productions schedule, and the quality of feed prior to the start of the bagging process.
- Set up of equipment to perform accurate bagging procedure from detailed formulas and productions schedule.
- Go through all set up procedures for bagging process paying special attention to proper oil settings on machinery.
- Must be knowledgeable of changeover procedures between production runs.
- Follow system clean-out procedures to prevent errors in quality.
- After bagging process is complete, return bags, tag stock, and other product used in the process to their proper inventory location.
- Review daily production sheet and formula (s) paying attention to special instructions.
- Review MSDS sheets for ingredients being used and adhere to PPE protection that is required for processes that will be performed.
- Complete all paperwork needed in operation for production records.
- Must posses knowledge of product quality.
- Perform general maintenance and total care of equipment in assigned system.
- Cross train in other areas of production.
Must have copy of High School Diploma or GED
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Good problem-solving skills
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Understand basic quality concepts
- Ability to follow instructions
- Detail oriented
- Able to sustain daily exposure to dust, noise, Heat, and cold
- Work in a wet environment as needed
- Exposure to dangerous machinery and other hazardous conditions requiring safety adherence to PPE, safety rules, and procedures at all times
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb, bend, crawl, reach, and lift at least 55lbs on a continuous basis.
- Must be able to use pressurized air, dry ice blaster, high pressure washers, and other similar equipment
Must be able to pass drug screen and background requirements
1146 W. Elm Ave.
Hanover, PA 17331
Online Applications at www.Berksandbeyond.Com
Email resumes to: hanover@elwoodstaffing.Com