Job Title: Sanitarian
Reports To: Sanitation Supervisor
Days and Hours of work: 3rd Shift (hours and days vary depending on production schedule)
1) POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for cleaning and disinfecting food processing equipment and areas to ensure all food safety standards are being maintained; perform a variety of custodial services to provide and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
2) ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Pre-rinse, wash and sanitize equipment per company standards.
2. Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of production equipment and production areas.
3. Efficiently disassemble and assemble production equipment for proper cleaning.
4. Spray machines, tanks, tables, pans, flumes, and conveyors with water to loosen and remove dirt or other foreign matter.
5. Scrub machinery then rinse with water prior to applying sanitizer.
6. Scrub floor and walls as part of master cleaning schedule.
7. Connect hoses and lines to pumps to circulate cleaning and sanitizing solution.
8. Mix cleaning solutions and diluted acids.
9. Report any defective machinery immediately to supervisor.
10. Remove trash throughout facility and transport to designated location. Replace liners.
11. Clean lunch room sink, tables, microwaves, refrigerator; sweep floors.
12. Maintain restrooms by cleaning and sanitizing toilets, urinals, sinks, floors, partitions, mirrors and walls.
13. Replenish supplies such as paper towels, toilet paper, and soap.
14. Follow applicable safety precautions for use and handling of various chemicals and cleaning solutions.
15. Adhere to all safety and GMP guidelines in the performance of job.
16. Aware of chemical properties and proper use of cleaning solutions.
17. Keep accurate cleaning records of equipment in accordance with SSOPs.
18. Keep chemical storage area orderly and clean.
19. Ensure chemicals are properly labeled and stored.
20. Follow rules and regulations to ensure food safety and quality.
21. Establish and maintain positive working relationships.
3) NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
4) INTERNAL CONTROLS:
5) SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: n/a
6) PRINCIPAL CONTACTS INTERNALLY/EXTERNALLY: Sanitation supervisor, lead and other team members, production supervisor and team members; maintenance mechanics.
7) KNOWLEDGE and SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Should be mechanically inclined with emphasis on disassembly and reassembly of equipment.
2. Ability to and follow verbal and written instructions for interpretation of chemical usage and standard work procedures.
8) EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Indicate any necessary degrees/educational achievements.
1. 3 months of related experience, preferably in a food manufacturing environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
9) LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write and speak simple sentences. Moderate English proficiency.
10) MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: n/a
11) PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
1. Occasionally climb ladders and stairs and work on elevated surfaces
2. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally; up to 25 lbs frequently.
3. Ability to push/pull/move up to 200 lbs occasionally.
4. Constant walking/standing
5. Ability to bend/twist at waist; stoop and kneel
6. Ability to reach with arms including overhead reaching.
7. Ability to use constantly hands to grasp and hold tools and cleaning supplies
12) WORKING CONDITIONS: Must be able to work flexible schedule to meet production demands; refrigerated temperatures to +/- 36 degrees; occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions; wet and slippery working surfaces; exposure to cleaning chemicals, LED lighting and machine noise.
13) and All other duties and responsibilities that are reasonably assigned from time to time by the employer or its designated representative.
1146 W. Elm Ave.
Hanover, PA 17331
Online Applications at www.Berksandbeyond.Com
Email resumes to: hanover@berksandbeyond.Com