East Berlin, PA
Days/Hours: Sunday-Thursday 10: 00pm-6: 30am
Basic Function and Scope of responsibilities: Reporting to the QA supervisor, the incumbent provides the primary monitoring of the production processes to assure all Quality/ISO procedures are followed, and takes appropriate actions to prevent production and shipment of non-conforming products. This positions works closely with Productions, Nutrition, and other operational units performing the designated functions in the assigned area which will include and not be limited to the responsibilities below.
- Implement and monitor QA procedures in accordance with ISO/HAACP programs
- Maintain current surveillance over all raw materials, formulas, products, and manufacturing parameters to verify that ingredients and products meet standards. Determine accept/reject status and take appropriate action.
- Perform routine QA tests on ingredient and feeds as needed.
- Investigate Non Conformity Reports and recommend disposition to QA Supervisor or Nutrition personnel as needed.
- Verify assay reports against standards and report out of spec findings.
- Maintain all medicated feed records and send samples of feed to independent labs per FDA regulations.
- Maintain QA and associated records (computer and paper files) in an organized manner to facilitate retrieval of information as needed. Generate reports as needed.
- Prepare ingredient and feed samples and send to designated independent labs for analysis.
- Implement, monitor and perform tests, paperwork, and procedures in accordance with contract, toll manufacturing, and registration programs.
Must have copy of High School Diploma or GED
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Comprehension and understanding of basic math
- Good problem-solving skills
- Experience in Farm/Ag industry a plus
- Understand quality concetps
- Basic computer skills including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Detail Oriented
- Able to sustain daily exposure to dust, noise, Heat, and cold
- Exposure to dangerous machinery and other hazardous conditions requiring safety adherence to PPE, safety rules, and procedures at all times
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb, bend, crawl, reach, and lift at least 55lbs on a continuous basis.
Must be able to pass drug screen and background requirements
1146 W. Elm Ave.
Hanover, PA 17331
Online Applications at www.Berksandbeyond.Com
Email resumes to: hanover@berksandbeyond.Com