Mini Extruder Operator
East Berlin, PA
Days/Hours: Monday-Thursday 3: 00pm-1: 00am
Basic Function and Scope of responsibilities: Reporting to the Tech Services Production Manager, the incumbent sets up and operates the mini extruder machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines to produce pellets/products that meet quality standards, ISO standards, and customer requirements.
- Review daily productions sheet and formula (s) paying attention to special instructions
- Review MSDS sheets for ingredients being used and adhere to PPE protection that is required for processes that will be performed.
- Set up mini extruder and incubator following formula instructions.
a) Set up knife-blade performing visual check of knife blades
b) Attach the appropriate die.
c) Adjust temperature on incubator.
d) Check bagging bins and start incubator.
- Perform warm-up procedures following step-by-step procedures.
- Run feed while constantly monitoring product for problems with quality.
- Complete production paperwork accurately for feed being run.
- Complete daily production time records and track them with quality assurance records for maximum product control efficiency.
- Follow all safety procedures and policies with special attention to lock-out/tag-out procedures.
- Perform general maintenance and cleaning of equipment pertaining to the extruding operation.
- Cross train in other areas such as Tech. Service and small pack line.
- Sanitation of extruder area.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must have copy of High School Diploma or GED
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Good problem-solving skills
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Understand basic quality concepts
- Ability to follow instructions
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Able to sustain daily exposure to dust, noise, Heat, and cold
- Work in a wet environment as needed
- Exposure to dangerous machinery and other hazardous conditions requiring safety adherence to PPE, safety rules, and procedures at all times
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb, bend, crawl, reach, and lift at least 55lbs on a continuous basis.
- Must be able to use pressurized air, dry ice blaster, high pressure washers, and other similar equipment
Must be able to pass drug screen and background requirements
1146 W. Elm Ave.
Hanover, PA 17331
Online Applications at www.Berksandbeyond.Com
Email resumes to: hanover@berksandbeyond.Com