East Berlin, PA
Days/Hours: Sunday-Thursday 10: 00pm-6: 30am
Basic Function and Scope of responsibilities: Reporting to the Project Manager/ Product Technician, the Maintenance worker is accountable for the total maintenance of the assigned plant. Inactive equipment during working hours is extremely costly to the company and adds hidden costs jeopardizing the manufacturing of quality products as required by the customer. The largest variable cost of the company fall within the maintenance area. A stringent budget plan to control costs is a must. Due to the scheduling demands of various departments, it is critical that a strong, growing, aggressive, and preventative maintenance program aligned and in coordination with all operating units needs to be scheduled to prevent down time periods.
- Conduct routine maintenance inspections to identify chronic maintenance problem areas and Olen take a course of action needed for the proper repair.
- Organize, direct, coordinate, and manage subordinates and subcontractors to assure that maintenance needs are met.
- Maintain and provide all equipment records and facilities to meet the requirements of government regulatory agencies and insurance agencies.
- Develop a maintenance and preventative maintenance program for Mill #3, Mill #4, and Tech Service equipment.
- Inventory an adequate supply of maintenance materials and supplies.
- Schedule work with regard to emergencies, safety, and priority.
- Maintain current uploaded equipment files and equipment history cards on all equipment to provide a history record for each piece of equipment.
- Assist in the development of the departmental budget and insure adherence to the approved budget.
- Maintain plant property in good repair and appearance as economically as possible.
- Responsible for assuring removal/ treatment of ice/ snow relative to inclement weather outside Mill #4 and East Berlin Office areas (particularly sidewalks/ porches/ driveways).
- Responsible for securing outside contractors as needed.
- Follow all safety procedures and policies.
- Work overtime and on-call as required.
Must have copy of High School Diploma or GED
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good human relation skills
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of employees/management throughout the organization
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Understand basic quality concepts
- Ability to follow instructions
- Must be detail-oriented
- 2 years practical experience in maintenance role which would include trade skills in basic electrical, welding, and plumbing for both physical facilities and equipment.
- Able to sustain daily exposure to dust, noise, Heat, and cold
- Work in a wet environment as needed
- Exposure to dangerous machinery and other hazardous conditions requiring safety adherence to PPE, safety rules, and procedures at all times
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb, bend, crawl, reach, and lift at least 55lbs on a continuous basis.
- Must be able to use pressurized air, dry ice blaster, high pressure washers, and other similar equipment
Must be able to pass drug screen and background requirements
1146 W. Elm Ave.
Hanover, PA 17331
Online Applications at www.Berksandbeyond.Com
Email resumes to: hanover@berksandbeyond.Com