Berks & Beyond Employment Services, Inc. Is a leading staffing firm that specializes in clerical, industrial, technical and managerial placements. At Berks & Beyond, we recognize that you are a uniquely qualified individual and we take the time to carefully match you to one of our excellent job opportunities. Our close consideration of your individual needs is how we have become one of Pennsylvania's largest staffing companies! Currently, we are seeking General Warehouse Associates at a warehouse in Hanover, PA
Job Title: Packaging Associate
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Days and Hours of work: Vary but typically 6am 6pm with additional overtime as required.
1) POSITION SUMMARY:
Rotate through packaging department functions: labeling; constructing boxes; packing and stacking; to ensure quality finished products.
2) ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Remove label from roll and affix to cardboard box.
2. Erect empty cartons by folding flaps.
3. Pack product in carton in accordance with prescribed company standards.
4. Fold top of box to close carton and place carton on conveyor belt.
5. Place completed boxes on pallet ensuring proper pallet configuration.
6. Notify forklift driver of completed pallet or remove completed pallet to warehouse utilizing handjack.
7. Place empty pallet into position to continue stacking.
8. Check seals on bags periodically.
9. Check dates and codes of product periodically.
10. Communicate packaging deficiencies to Machine Operators.
11. Perform all tasks using proper GMPs and safety procedures. Report all food safety or quality issues to Machine Operator, Lead or Supervisor.
12. Maintain a safe work environment including proper housekeeping. Inform supervisor of unsafe conditions or acts immediately.
13. Interact with other associates and departments in a positive manner.
14. Work flexible hours to meet production needs.
3) NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
4) INTERNAL CONTROLS: n/a
5) SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: n/a
6) PRINCIPAL CONTACTS INTERNALLY/EXTERNALLY: Packaging Area Associates will interact with Machine Operator, Warehouse Associate, Quality Assurance Associate and Production Lead and Supervisor.
7) KNOWLEDGE and SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Good eye/hand coordination
2. Attention to detail and accuracy
3. Good fine motor skills
4. Good sense of teamwork and urgency
8) EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Indicate any necessary degrees/educational achievements.
9) LANGUAGE SKILLS: Indicate languages and level of skill necessary.
Ability to recognize and match dates and code numbers.
10) MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Ability to keep count from 1 to 20.
11) PHYSICIAL DEMANDS:
1. Frequent lifting from less than one pound up to 15 lbs; occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
2. Normal visual acuity with normal depth perception.
3. Ability to stand in the same place for long periods of time (up to 12 hours or more per shift)
4. Ability to bend and twist at waist and stoop occasionally.
5. Ability to reach with arms and hands; constant use of hands.
12) WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to refrigerated temperatures +/- 36 degrees; LED lighting; machine noise
13) and All other duties and responsibilities that are reasonably assigned from time to time by the employer or its designated representative.
These positions are Temp to Hire and eligible for holiday pay after 60 days worked!
1146 W. Elm Ave.
Hanover, PA 17331
Online Applications at www.Berksandbeyond.Com
Email resumes to: hanover@berksandbeyond.Com