Berks & Beyond Employment Services, Inc. Is a leading staffing firm that specializes in clerical, industrial, technical and managerial placements. At Berks & Beyond, we recognize that you are a uniquely qualified individual and we take the time to carefully match you to one of our excellent job opportunities. Our close consideration of your individual needs is how we have become one of Pennsylvania's largest staffing companies! Currently, we are seeking General Warehouse Associates at a warehouse in Hanover, PA
Job Title: Processing Associate
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Days and Hours of work: Vary
1) POSITION SUMMARY:
Perform one or more functions in the processing department to prepare raw product for packaging.
2) ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Use shovel to remove product waste from floor and place in proper containers.
2. Push full containers to proper refuse area.
3. Keep grading area supplied with containers and remove full containers.
4. Maintain sufficient containers in side shot area to minimize waste.
5. Operate handjack to transfer bins to dumper.
6. Visually inspect raw product for defects as they move across conveyor belt.
7. Remove by hand defective beans and foreign objects from conveyor belt and place in proper container.
8. Hand snip clusters from beans to improve yield.
9. Perform all tasks using proper GMPs and safety procedures.
10. Maintain a safe work environment including proper housekeeping. Inform supervisor of unsafe conditions or acts immediately.
11. Interact with other associates and departments in a positive manner.
12. Work flexible hours to meet production needs.
3) NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
4) INTERNAL CONTROLS: n/a
5) SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: n/a
6) PRINCIPAL CONTACTS INTERNALLY/EXTERNALLY: n/a
7) KNOWLEDGE and SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Good eye/hand coordination
2. Attention to detail and accuracy.
3. Good fine motor skills
4. Good sense of teamwork and urgency.
8) EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
10) LANGUAGE SKILLS:
11) MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: n/a
12) PHYSICIAL DEMANDS:
1. Occasionally lifts up to 25 lbs
2. Occasionally pushes/pulls up to 200 lbs.
3. Normal vision with normal depth perception.
4. Constant walking and/or standing
5. Ability to bend at waist and stoop occasionally.
1. Ability to reach with arms and hands
2. Constant use of hands.
3. Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
13) WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to refrigerated temperatures +/- 36 degrees Fahrenheit; LED lighting; machine noise
14) and All other duties and responsibilities that are reasonably assigned from time to time by the employer or its designated representative.
1146 W. Elm Ave.
Hanover, PA 17331
Online Applications at www.Berksandbeyond.Com
Email resumes to: hanover@berksandbeyond.Com