1. Unloads merchandise from trailers. Checks, verifies and audits merchandise to ensure that ordered merchandise has been received and that merchandise is as ordered and not damaged or defective. Identifies, separates, labels and palletizes merchandise on flats to enable merchandise to be relocated to the appropriate area in the Center.
2. Operates industrial motorized equipment to move and put away merchandise. Replenishes pick areas identified by replenishment reports and various requests for needed merchandise.
3. Obtains store orders identifying merchandise that has been requested. Fills merchandise order by selecting and moving merchandise from active slot to conveyor, and/or from slot to flat to complete the order.
4. Loads merchandise onto trailers by moving merchandise from conveyor to trailer or from flat to trailer. Scans non-conveyable merchandise onto trailers while checking merchandise to ensure that the shipment is accurate and merchandise is not damaged or defective and is going on to the proper trailer.
5. Receives, answers, any incoming telephone calls, faxes, and e-mail messages. Must exercise independent judgment in prioritizing and distributing information.
6. Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Basic reading, writing oral and arithmetic skills.
2. Able to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
3. Physical ability to lift and move merchandise, typically a minimum of 30 lbs., but could be as much as 70 lbs.
4. Repetitive bending, lifting, stretching, reaching and climbing.
5. Flexibility to move to different departments and perform various duties.
6. Willingness to be trained on and operate material handling equipment.
7. Willingness to work in elevated areas (as high as 25 feet).