2nd Shift Lead
East Berlin, PA
Days/Hours: 2pm-10: 30pm
Basic Function and Scope of responsibilities: Reporting to the Production Manager, the incumbent has the responsibility for assisting in the execution of the 2nd shift schedule in all areas of productions. The work will be assigned on a daily basis as required by the schedule.
- Responsible for the accurate and efficient operation of production equipment:
a) Batching Follow pre-sequenced production schedule.
b) Mixing Accurately weigh and add ingredients following formulations.
c) Pelleting Use pre-established operating parameters to pellet various formulations, properly cool, and crumble if necessary, so all feeds meet the company s quality standards must be able to safely change die when required.
d) Bagging Operation of automatic bagger.
- Possess knowledge of quality standards for all production products so he/she can visually inspect products for compliance to quality standards.
- Provide effective ack-up for production manager in directing shift schedule on a short-term basis as required.
- Perform preventative maintenance on above-mentioned equipment when scheduled.
- Follow all established plant safety rules when operating production equipment.
- Assist in clean-up of work areas and storage locations following housecleaning schedules.
Must have copy of High School Diploma or GED
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Comprehension and understanding of basic math
- Good problem-solving skills
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Good human relation and communication skills
- Experience in Farm/Ag industry a plus
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Able to sustain daily exposure to dust, noise, Heat, and cold
- Exposure to dangerous machinery and other hazardous conditions requiring safety adherence to PPE, safety rules, and procedures at all times
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb, bend, crawl, reach, and lift at least 55lbs on a continuous basis.
Must be able to pass drug screen and background requirements
1146 W. Elm Ave.
Hanover, PA 17331
Online Applications at www.Berksandbeyond.Com
Email resumes to: hanover@berksandbeyond.Com